Thursday, January 19, 2012

Spinning Winter



I just finished spinning a pound of Teeswater/Wensleydale/Rambouillet for a Rock Day celebration.  While I was spinning the fleece my daughter said, "Mommy, it looks like you are spinning winter!!"  I added some Firestar acrylic white for a bit of bling.  Her words fit the handspun so perfectly, I decided to call it Spinning Winter and knitted a hat for winter.  Part of it I hand dyed using sky blue, emerald green, and a bit of pink.  The projects represented CO winter perfectly at least this year.
90 inch scarf

Spinning Winter


The winter in CO is very different than other places, so I would really like to see other people's spin on winter.  Here is the challenge spin winter from your state or country and show me how different or similar the handspuns might be.  What would you spin for your winter?  What project would you choose? 

No comments:

Post a Comment